Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sitting Is Killing you..

I stumbled on this recently. Though the facts aren’t new to me, it’s always easier to fully understand information when its wrapped up in a neat little package for you. Or in this case an utterly terrifying one. The last five years I have suffered the trials of a desk job. While in the grand scheme of things my working woes are really quite meaningless, but it’s still hard to work off extra weight simply because my job requires me to sit in front of a computer eight hours a day. And sadly I don’t see an end to this anytime soon, the sad fact of the western post industrial world is, most jobs require desk work.

So if I like many people cannot currently get around the desk job, what’s a girl to do? I try my darnedest to walk or ride my bike instead of driving, but that isn’t always enough. I know some people who work out during commercial breaks if they watch television. And a lot of people who work out much more than the suggested 30min a day. What are some ways you help ward off the effects of sitting all day?


Sitting is Killing You
Via: Medical Billing And Coding

No comments:

Post a Comment